When life hands you lemons , you make lemonade; when life hands you mint overgrowing your vegetable patch, well you head out and get’em and make mint chutney!
Here is my mother-in-law’s recipe :
1. a couple of handfuls of mint leaves (washed)
2. a small raspberry sized ball of tamarind
3. 2 green chillies (you can reduce this number to reduce the spice level)
4.Garlic (2 pods)
5. Ginger (size of about 2 garlic pods)
6. salt and a pinch of sugar
1. roast the mint leaves in a little olive oil till they wilt
2. Add all the above ingredients into the blender and blend to chutney consistency.
3. Taste and adjust salt levels.